Sorry it has been so long since we have posted anything new. I have been TIRED! And Joel has been working the strangest hours. We are also trying to decide if we want to buy a house, rent a new apartment, or stay in the apartment we currently live in. So many decisions, so little time.
Last week, our baby was the size of a prune. With bones and cartilage starting to form and vital organs beginning to function, baby is making major progress. Body length will almost double in the next three weeks, and arm joints are now working. (Soon, legs will too.)
This past week I was still getting over a cold (which I gave to Joel-Sorry!) so I haven't been feeling too many pregnancy symptoms until a few days ago. Now, I'm starting to feel better but I still want to sleep a lot. I only have 2 more weeks and then I am out of my first trimester and I hear I will have my energy back.
This week (week 11), our baby is the size of a medium lime. After much discussion, the general thought is that String Bean is the size of a medium key lime, since they are still pretty small. String Bean currently enjoys a 1:1 ratio between body and head, and has skin so transparent that blood vessels show right through. But, fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and hair follicles, tooth buds and nail beds are forming -- setting up a significantly more attractive future.
This upcoming week we have TWO doctor's appointments. On Wed, we meet with our OB for a general check up and hopefully we will hear the heartbeat. On Thurs, we go to Riverside hospital for our 1st trimester ultrasound. I'm so excited to see our little one again. I can't believe how big Baby V is getting and I can't wait to see the difference between the last ultrasound and this one.
Daddy here,
I have been talking to string bean through Nicoles belly button. I was explaining to string bean that the reason that we call it a belly button was because it was on your belly and it looked like a button. Nicole decided that belly button was a stupid name for it because it doesnt look like a button at all and has now decided that it should be called a Belly Hole. We had a good laugh over that and talked about now that she is a Vinco she can create silly words! Maybe string bean will decide that they want to be called skinny legume! Looking forward to the appts coming up and hopefully we will have a new pic of Baby V to show you.
Love you all,
Joel, Nicole, and String bean


Looks just like me when I was that age.
ReplyDelete