This has been such a busy week! Last weekend we went to Chicago for a short trip. I had to pick up my car and then we went to Ethan Lewis' baptism (it was so great to see the Lewis'!). We didn't get home until late Sunday night and I was pretty much dragging.
On Tuesday I went shopping and bought some fun new maternity clothes. I can still kind of fit into my regular clothes, but after buying some maternity work pants I'm not sure I'll ever wear regular pants again. I felt like I was wearing pajamas all day today. I think Joel is going to have to throw them away if he ever wants to see me in regular pants again :-)
Today was kind of a strange day because I was getting ready and noticed my stomach is getting bigger (and not from too many Girl Scout cookies!). I can usually suck in my stomach, but it wasn't going anywhere. It's kind of a nice feeling to know that string bean is growing nicely. We go to the doctor next Wednesday so we will have a full update then.
String bean is getting so big! Depending on which source you look at, String Bean is either the size of a lemon or a clenched fist. String Bean is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, and making urine and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over the body for warmth. String Bean is also more fluid-like in his movements, so s/he’s no longer doing the jerk every time he repositions his arms and legs. Other developments this week include a roof of his/her own (inside his mouth, that is) as well as intestinal activity:
While we were in Chicago, Grandma and Grandpa Stark gave String Bean this little present:
String bean is getting bigger, but still has a long ways to grow!
I promise next week I will include a pic of my belly, but I just wanted to wait until it was a bit more pronounced.
We will keep you up to date on all things baby and will post again after the doctor appointment.

Adorable little jacket! Fun to see how much stringbean has to grow to "grow into it" with the lemon beside it.
ReplyDeleteNicole, did I tell you there's a girl at work who's 1 month ahead of you and SHE just popped out this last month! She told me to warn you! :-)