| Dad on the drive to the hospital |
We arrived at the hospital a little early on Tuesday Sept. 6th 2011 we were scheduled to be there at 8pm to start the induction, but we were just so anxious sitting around the house waiting for time to go by that we just decided to go in. The weather was overcast with a very light misting at times. We weren't sure what we needed to bring up with us because we knew that a scheduled induction can take a while and I didn't want to bring all our bags in all at once. I left the food bag and the pillows in the car while we went and checked in.
| Mom outside of the hospital |
Since we were early we had to wait in the family waiting room outside of the Labor and Delivery ward.
Lots of people waiting anxiously to hear news of their new family members. We sat in the waiting room for only a short time and a nurse came and got us and took us back to our room.
Our room was nicer then I remembered on the tour. It had a closet for our bags, recliner and a rocking chair. (I spent a lot of time in the recliner!!) The nurse gave Nicole her gown and soon mom was set up with an IV and laying down in her bed.
| Mom in the hospital bed playing on the laptop. |
Pitocin is what makes Nicole's body start contractions. There are other things that they did but I will let Nicole tell you the info she wants too.
Nicole was at about 3cm around 11pm and she got some pain reliever for the contractions she was having. She was able to sleep for a while and that really helped me out because then I was able to relax for a little while.
Later (I cant remember when) they started increasing the pitocin every hour and her contractions started getting stronger. Nicole was really hurting so the put they epidural in and she instantly felt better. She starting progressing quite nicely every time the nurse checked Nicole seemed to increase from 5cm to 6, from 6 to 7, from 7 to 8, and then on Wednesday afternoon she got stuck at 9cm.
| Dr. Miller |
Nicole's doctor was on call Wednesday so she was able to talk with the nurse about what she thought was best and they decided that if Nicole hadn't progressed any further by 3:45pm that they would start getting Nicole ready for a c-section. Not the first option we had chosen but we were ok with it.
The parents showed up sometime around 3 so they were in the loop about what was going on.( Doesn't mean that they weren't nervous)
3:45 rolls around and no change so they started prepping Nicole for surgery.
Its taking me a long time to write out this blog because Evan is taking most of my time, so I'm splitting it in to two parts.
No comments:
Post a Comment