Wednesday, February 2, 2011

O-live you!

It seems like the time is flying by.  I can't believe I'm already 9 weeks and 5 days pregnant!  According to The Bump, String Bean has officially graduated from an embryo to fetus-hood.  Our baby is getting bigger and bigger everyday.  He/she is now the size of a medium green olive!  Adding to the excitement, a Doppler ultrasound device might be able to pick up the beating heart. With basic physical structures in place and increasingly distinct facial features, baby is kind of starting to look like...well...a baby!





This week has been a pretty busy week.  I've been sick with a horrible cold since Friday and it doesn't seem to be letting up yet.  Joel has been the best husband I could ask for.  He has been waking up early to scrape my car for me so I don't have to be in the cold longer than necessary.  Also, I came home from work yesterday and he had cleaned and vacuumed the apartment.  I am so lucky to be married to him!

This past weekend Joel and I started to go through the spare bedroom and get rid of all the junk we've been holding on to.  It's a pretty daunting task, but we're so excited to get the nursery ready that we don't really mind.  This up coming weekend we are going to get rid of the desk and move his childhood dresser into the spare bedroom.  I think we'll take this opportunity to buy a nice new dresser for us :-)

It's funny, because on the one hand we are so excited to meet our baby in September, but on the other hand we are really enjoying our remaining days of just the two of us.  I know our days of sleeping in and going to the movies are limited and we are trying to enjoy every single one of them.  We are really thankful that we are having such a pleasant pregnancy and I couldn't ask for more.  We have 2 more weeks until the next doctor appointment and we're both really excited.

Until next week, Mom, Dad, and String bean say Bye!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! String bean is growing fast! I've been pondering what String Legume will call ME! I've got it narrowed down to either Geema, or CeeCee. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I like Ceecee but nicole like Geema .... so what now.. bring in a third party? Or defer to the soon to be mom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe we should defer to Stringbean?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Third party likes Geema! We have Mimi B and Pop Pop on on side and Grandma and Grandpa on the other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess, Where's a like button when you need it?

    ReplyDelete