Monday, February 28, 2011

We're Back...

Sorry it has been so long since we've updated this blog.  It has been a good week so far.  Last week we got our results back from the blood work/ultrasound and everything looks really good (Yay!).  And this past weekend I finally entered the 2nd trimester so I was able to get my hair colored and as an added bonus I got a manicure and pedicure with Jess.  I haven't pampered myself like that in so long. 

String bean has been a good baby lately.  I haven't had any nausea and I'm finally getting my appetite back.  String bean seems to really love oranges.  I eat about 3 a day, which is good for me and baby.

Over the weekend String bean got his/her first piece of mail!


Grandma and Grandpa (official name to be finalized later) Vinco sent String bean his/her first gift!  You can see a peach right next to the onesie.  String bean is the size of a peach this week.  You can see that String bean has a lot of growing to do!

According to "What to Expect When You're Expecting," baby's head is about half the size of her crown-to-rump length.  By the time I give birth, String bean's body will catch up, measuring three-quarters of his/her total size.  In addition, tiny bones are beginning to form in his/her arms and legs, the intestines are beginning to move from the umbilical cord to the abdomen, and the vocal cords are well under construction.  And because String bean can move his/her arms and legs in a jerky fashion, she may be able to get her thumb into his/her mouth.

I still don't have a noticeable bump, but I can feel where String bean lives.  It was kind of a strange feeling at first because it's so hard, but I like to talk to him/her and touch the spot where String bean is.  I feel closer to our baby now that I can feel where s/he is at. 

It's so hard to believe how big our baby is getting and s/he is only 13 weeks old!  I have already been pregnant for 3 months and only have 6 more months to go.  It really doesn't seem like that much longer when you think about it.  Joel and I are getting more excited every day and we can't wait to meet our little baby.

We can't wait to share our adventures with you next week!

1 comment: